Thursday, March 30, 2006

Damn City

I left the Damn City by night, alone, under the rain, like a thief. I was walking down the streets, looking for the end of the agony. The city was dark, it was looking at me, and laughing. Like the last time, when I had to flee, beaten, humiliated, from this Damn City. I looked for a way to escape, it wasn't easy. All the roads were closed, all the people were unfriendly. The only way I found played with me the macabre game of make my desperation bigger. Minutes passed by, slowly, raindrops over my head, running, hiding, fighting to escape the Damn City.
I remember when the Damn City was my dream city. When all my goals lied in those streets, when all my dreams were living there. But you twisted those goals, you changed those dreams into nightmares. Damn you, Damn City. I flew, but you managed to bring me back. Once again, I was your prisoner, fighting against you in a fight that I couldn't win. But I was a fool. I believed that I was invencible against your weapons. I believed that I had the shield that would deflect all your blows. I believed, that time, I could win. And, of course, I didn't. In the middle of the fight, I realized that I wasn't invincible, that my shield was useless against you. But again, I faced you. And, again, you humiliated me.
Finally, I left the Damn City again. Again, I left it beaten full of grief and sorrow. Swallowing my anger and my pain. Again, Damn City, you won. I don't know if someday we'll fight again. But now, you won. You're the owner of the power. You, Damn City. And, sadly, I don't know If I'll be able to defeat you.........

I curse you, Damn City.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ostras tío. ¿Cuándo te has vuelto blogger? (Muy chulo, por cierto).

Egoitz said...

En la descripcion esta todo. Una noche, despues de unas cervezas, me dio por abrir este Blog

Darkhorse1974 said...

It is sure that in one not very distant day you will win ;)